As of May 4th, 2020, we are still closed to the genral public but we are open by special appointment for emergency services and certtain other special circumstances. During this time of social distancing, we have implemented certain measures at our clinic to keep you and our staff safe. These measures are listed below:
1. If you are in an “emergency” situation requiring our attention, especially if you are a frontline worker, or work in a critical supply chain, we are open to see you. Please contact the office by phone at 705-342-7728 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pre-screen you for an appointment.
2. If you are a repeat patient of Sound Orthotics, and require a repeat pair of orthotics, please contact the office and we will be able to provide a phone consultation and curbside pickup.
3. If you have been scheduled for a follow up appointment, and are NOT suffering from ANY symptoms that require our attention, please call the office to reschedule your appointment. However, if you are experiencing ANY symptoms, including pain (even mild), muscle tightness, etc., please call the office to arrange for a pre-screening to your appointment. Additional information for your visit to our office is outlined below.
4. If you have been scheduled for a Fitting or PickUp Appointment and are a NEW patient to Sound Orthotics (or you are a REPEAT patient, but have had MODIFICATIONS done to your previous prescription), we will need to see you and fit your device to you in person. Please call the office ahead of time so that we might pre-screen you for your appointment. If you have been scheduled for a Fitting Appointment and are a REPEAT patient of Sound Orthotics, and you did NOT require any modifications to your original prescription, you are not required to be seen in person at the clinic. Your orthotics will be available for you to pick up from our shipping box outside the front door of our office. We will call you when they are ready. All paperwork for your insurance claim will be ready. REGARDING PAYMENTS: You may have to sign an original document. If so, our receptionist will contact you and arrange a specific time for you to come and sign the documents. Payment will be made either by credit card over the phone in advance, or in person, if you prefer to pay by credit card, debit or cheque. We will not be accepting cash at this time. Additional information for your visit to our office is outlined below.
5.. If you have received an automated reminder for your assessment appointment, but have not been screened prior by our receptionist, please call to reschedule your appointment. We are endeavouring to move patient appointments forward by one month, until we receive approval from the Ontario government that we can reopen, with certain health department guidelines in place.
6. Appointment Health Guidelines will include us rescheduling your appointment if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been in direct contact with someone with COVID-19. Also, if you are displaying the symptoms of COVID-19 , such as fever, cough, runny nose, we would ask you to please call and reschedule your appointment.
7. When you arrive at the clinic, you will have to answer a few screening questions, and have your temperature taken. You will then be admitted to the office provided you are wearing a mask. We are endeavouring to procure a supply of disposable masks, until that time, a homemade facemask is acceptable. We will have hand sanitizer available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these changing and challenging times. We will be ready to reopen with certain modifications as soon as we get approval from our health officials. We are all in this together! Stay healthy! Stay safe!
Customized Solutions Designed for You.
Considering how much time we spend on our feet each day, it’s not surprising that having proper, comfortable footwear is important to our overall health and wellness. Proper footwear promotes improved posture and helps relieve pain symptoms associated with a wide range of challenges and discomforts. Since 2002, Sound Orthotics has been helping the Parry Sound Muskoka community stay active and pain-free through personalized pedorthic services. The Sound Orthotics caring team of experts specialize in providing expert biomechanical assessments, creating customized strategies for managing lower limb problems through the use of custom foot orthotics, off-the-shelf and custom orthopedic footwear, footwear modifications, compression stockings and lower limb bracing. Call us today at 705-342-7728 and find out how easy it is to get on the path to healthy, active, comfortable living with Sound Orthotic footcare solutions.
Marcel Turgeon, Certified Pedorthist, and the expert and knowledgeable team at Sound Orthotics take a patient-centered approach to providing the right solution to meet your unique challenges, needs and goals.
From custom orthotics designed in our on-site lab, custom and stock orthopedic footwear, to sandals and leg sandals, compression stockings and limb braces, Sound Orthotics offers a wide range of footcare solutions for the entire family.
Innovation That Inspires
Our commitment to current knowledge, the latest proven technology, state-of-the-art diagnostics, best practices and standards, and tried-and true principles ensure you receive the best care and treatment for living a pain-free, active life.