Stabilizing orthosis for stabilization of the ankle.
The CaligaLoc anatomically contoured stabilizing orthosis is used as a conservative treatment for torn ankle ligaments, after operations on the ligaments or in cases of chronic instability of the upper and/or lower ankle. It offers round-the-clock protection against unex-pected or excessive strain and prevents the ankle from twisting outwards.
- Can be worn with or without normal shoes
- Stabilizes and protects
- Easy to put on
The tried-and-tested MHH ankle brace has been further developed and functionally optimized for CaligaLoc: the anatomically contoured stabilizing orthosis consists of a cushioned plastic splint fastened securely to the foot with straps using a simple Velcro system. Under the heel, a slight rai-sing of the outer edge tilts the foot inwards, so that the outer ankle ligaments are relieved.
Stable around the clock
CaligaLoc can be worn as a support splint in normal shoes, but also without shoes as a postu-ral or night-time support. Flat micro-Velcro fastenings are used to adjust the level of support. The stability ele-ment can be reshaped thermoplastically if the individual anatomy of the foot requires this. Partial immobilization with CaligaLoc thus guarantees optimum wearing comfort until a greater degree of mobility is possible.
- Conservative treatment of torn ankle ligaments
- Postoperative protection after ligamental suturing/reconstruction
- Temporary stabilization for posttraumatic tarsal sinus syndrome and decompensated instability of the subtalar joint
- Permanent stabilization for chronic instability of the upper and/or lower ankle where surgery is contraindicated