Functional orthosis for stabilization of the knee.
After surgery to correct misalignments (bowleg or knock knee), the removal of a meniscus or following cruciate or collateral ligament injuries, the MOS Genu® can be used to stabilize the leg or to provide targeted partial relief for it. The orthosis comprises an aluminum frame with optimally adjustable joints, straps and special skin-friendly cushions which compensate for swelling in the knee joint region. The frame design is available as either a standard length or a long version.
- stabilizes and relieves pressure on the knee joint
- adjustable axes and joints
- anatomically contoured frame
Stability and relief
If the knee is affected by severe instability, it requires special support. The special frame design of the MOS Genu® provides external support for the knee, holding it in the correct axis. Possible constraining forces on the knee joint are reduced to a minimum. Its joints, with physiologically optimal pivots, can be adjusted in 10-degree intervals. Pressure on the collateral ligaments or on parts of the knee can be relieved individually.
Strong yet lightweight
The MOS Genu® orthosis ensures maximum stability with minimum load impact. The frame is made of lightweight aluminum and the shells have skin-friendly, breathable cushions and do not slip. Condylar cushions of varying thicknesses compensate for any swelling. The orthosis can therefore be worn with comfort, even over extended periods of time.
- Conservative: Functional therapy of injuries to the cruciate ligaments and the lateral ligaments, Complex instabilities including genu recurvatum, Support for the affected compartment in varus/valgus arthritis
- Post-operative (short MOS Genu): After operations on the ligaments, i.e. artificial ligaments, Meniscal suturing and meniscal implantation
- Post-operative (long MOS Genu): After tibial osteotomy, After complex reconstructions of the ligaments, In individual cases it is also indicated for fractures located close to joints – implant surgery